Consulting for Institutions
Disaster planning, leadership, training and performance
Public health emergencies place an enormous burden on both public and private institutions. Decision makers have little time and opportunity to perform assessments, monitor progress and evaluate the results of disaster-related health issues.
It’s not an exaggeration to say that disasters can cost millions of dollars AND affect the lives of millions of people.
Dr. Mark Keim partners with institutions of all sizes to create disaster management products and services based on scientific evidence and best practices. He is uniquely qualified to offer expert guidance customized for your organization’s needs.
Mark has consulted on dozens of disasters, involving the health of millions of people throughout the world.
Areas of Special Expertise:
- Pandemic preparedness and response
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) cooperative agreements
- Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) cooperative agreements
- Disaster assessment and epidemiology
- Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive terrorism
- Disaster planning, jurisdictional risk assessment and disaster risk reduction
- Climate change and extreme weather events
- Small island developing states
- Emergency management for pubic health officials
- Public information and risk communication
- Environmental hazards
- Mass gatherings
- Adult education and training
Here are just some of the types of institutions that Mark works with:
- State and local health departments
- Hospitals and clinics
- Universities and colleges
- Governments and municipalities
- Public health organizations
- Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Businesses and corporations
- International organizations
- Media and communication outlets