Five Reasons You Can't Rely On Disaster Rescue
Get Mark's Free Video Series!
Core Competency Certification Course
for Disaster Medicine and Public Health
The best disaster responders are ready at a moment’s notice. They must therefore be well-trained and competent before they deploy.
Until now, few responders have learning opportunities available in the cities where they live. Even fewer are able to actually demonstrate their competency before the disaster strikes.
In C4 Seminars, Dr. Keim comes to your home town to teach you everything you need to know. He then personally evaluates and documents your achievement.
In this engaging 3-day program, Dr. Mark Keim personally walks you through each of the 11 core competencies of disaster medicine and public health.
He coaches you through simple, time-saving steps on how to achieve and demonstrate each core competency. He then provides you with a signed certificate of competency.
All-inclusive group rate of $5000
This one low rate includes: promotional materials, travel and honorarium for training up to 100 students.
Book the venue and invite the guests. DisasterDoc will do the rest!
What You Will Learn
Over the course of 3-days you’ll be immersed in an easy-to-understand mix of scientific theory and real world examples delivered through lectures, group discussions, case studies and more.
This dynamic and interactive program will teach you the 11 Core Competencies of Disaster Medicine and Public Health, the most widely accepted set of competencies in the USA
- 1.0 Demonstrate personal and family preparedness for disasters and public health emergencies.
- 2.0 Demonstrate knowledge of one’s expected role(s) in organizational and community response plans activated during a disaster or public health emergency.
- 3.0 Demonstrate situational awareness of actual/potential health hazards before, during, and after a disaster or public health emergency.
- 4.0 Communicate effectively with others in a disaster or public health emergency.
- 5.0 Demonstrate knowledge of personal safety measures that can be implemented in a disaster or public health emergency.
- 6.0 Demonstrate knowledge of surge capacity assets consistent with one’s role in organizational, agency, and/or community response plans.
- 7.0 Demonstrate knowledge of principles and practices for the clinical management of all ages and populations affected by disasters and public health emergencies, in accordance with professional scope of practice.
- 8.0 Demonstrate knowledge of public health principles and practices for the management of all ages and populations affected by disasters and public health emergencies.
- 9.0 Demonstrate knowledge of ethical principles to protect the health and safety of all ages, populations, and communities affected by a disaster or public health emergency.
- 10.0 Demonstrate knowledge of legal principles to protect the health and safety of all ages, populations, and communities affected by a disaster or public health emergency.
- 11.0 Demonstrate knowledge of short- and long term considerations for recovery of all ages, populations and communities affected by a disaster or public health emergency.
Dr Keim personally coaches every individual attendee to ensure their success in achieving and certifying all 11 competencies in just 3 days.
Participants in the C4 Seminars will also receive these valuable resources:
- Free one month subscription to the DisasterDoc Academy™ learning channel
- Exclusive membership in the DisasterDoc Academy™ Facebook community
- Hard copy certificates of competency for each C4 milestone
Who Should Attend
The C4 Seminars are specifically designed for volunteers, professionals and leaders who will be called upon to help in a crisis.
- Medical Reserve Corps
- Community Emergency Response Teams
- Disaster Volunteers
- Health Departments
- Community Leaders
- Medical and Nursing Professionals
- Government Officials
- Emergency Medical Services
- Public Safety
- Emergency Managers
- Hospitals and Clinics
You’ll have the opportunity to meet others like you and discuss the unique challenges of protecting yourselves and others in a disaster.
NO MEDICAL OR PUBLIC HEALTH BACKGROUND NECESSARY
About The Instructor
Dr. Mark Keim is one of the world’s top experts in disaster medicine and public health emergencies. A prolific author, speaker, consultant and the founder of DisasterDoc™, Mark served with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for 16 years, where he provided life-saving knowledge to thousands of people worldwide. He currently teaches disaster medicine at Harvard Medical School and public health at Emory University and consults individuals and institutions on the health implications of disasters.
Remember, you can make a difference in people’s lives. We’ll show you how.
Host the next C4 Seminar in 2017. Reserve your date now!
HEAR FROM OTHERS THAT KNOW MARK
“It was our pleasure to have Mark Keim deliver the keynote address at the annual conference of the National Environmental Health Association. From the initial coordination of the presentation through to Mark’s actual presentation, it was a joy to work with this talented speaker.
Mark doesn’t just present information. He biographically inserts himself into his presentations thereby creating an authenticity for his messages and lessons that make his presentations both more believable and more personal. His ability to tell stories also enhanced the stickiness of his presentation thus insuring that it had a lasting impact on his audience. To this day, I remember several of his stories, including how he took lessons as a kid from his weekly reader and then applied them in life and death situations in his adult life. That’s powerful stuff!”
-Nelson Fabian, Executive Director and CEO of the National Environmental Health Association July 2014