Disaster Management, Leadership & Performance
Mark has consulted on dozens of disasters, involving the health of millions of people throughout the world.
Public health emergencies place an enormous burden on both public and private institutions. Decision makers have little time and opportunity to perform assessments, monitor progress and evaluate the results of disaster-related health issues.
It’s not an exaggeration to say that disasters can cost billions of dollars AND affect the lives of millions of people.
Dr. Mark Keim partners with institutions of all sizes to create disaster management products and services based on scientific evidence and best practices.
Expert Appointment, US Office of the Surgeon General, Al Qaeda bombing of US embassies in Tanzania and Kenya
Co-lead, CDC Emergency Operations Center in response to the World Trade Center attack and Anthrax emergencies
Incident Manager, CDC Emergency Operations Center, US Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita
Team lead, national-level planning for pandemic influenza in 4 southeast Asia nations
Team lead, CDC health assessment team for American Samoa Tsunami
Lead, academic advisors for CDC emergency response to Deepwater Horizon oil spill
Lead consultant, Plan to Protect project after Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands
Lead consultant, Pandemic Planning for Wyndham International Resorts
Senior consultant, CBRN Curriculum development for World Health Organizatiion (WHO)
DisasterDoc helps organizations address their needs for rapid and accurate disaster-related information.
Areas of Expertise
- Disaster assessment and epidemiology
- Emergency management, incident command systems
- Health security, CBRNE
- Disaster planning, risk assessment and risk reduction
- Climate change and extreme weather events
- Small island developing states
- Public information and risk communication
- Environmental health, occupational safety
- Mass gatherings and large scale events
- Adult education and training, distance learning
- Pandemic preparedness and response
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) cooperative agreements
- Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) cooperative agreements
Types of Institutions Mark Has Worked With
- State and local health departments
- Hospitals and clinics
- Universities and colleges
- Governments and municipalities
- Public health organizations
- Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Businesses and corporations
- International organizations
- Media and communication outlets
DisasterDoc offers expert guidance customized for your organization
“I advise critical infrastructure holders and operators on security, risk, and safety issues. During the COVID-19 crisis, I needed specialized expertise related to virus transmission and protective measures. Mark was a fantastic resource for this.
He is knowledgeable, informative, and highly giving of his time. He was able to distill and clearly communicate detailed scientific information and put it in both historical and public policy perspective. It is obvious he truly cares about helping others and is certainly an valued asset among our nation’s public health resources.”
Our consultation process includes:
1) a free, no-obligation conference call to hear your own specific situation and needs
2) a detailed written proposal of our services for your consideration
Schedule a Consultation
Contact us on the next page to get started with schedulingCONTACT US